Peter is a well-respected veteran of the legal profession in Canberra and the Australian sporting scene. Following a career as a property valuer, Peter graduated in law from the ANU in 1994 and has practiced as a solicitor for over 24 years.
Supported by the Griffin Legal team, Peter’s practice areas include general commercial work for a number of long standing clients and general property law. Peter also practises extensively in the not-for-profit sector providing corporate counsel and governance advice to a wide range of clients including charities, national and state sporting associations and various higher education entities.
Peter has an extensive record as a sports administrator previously being the Chairman of Brumbies Rugby, The Australian Rugby Union and SANZAR (the Joint Venture between the Australian, New Zealand and South African Rugby Unions. When not at work, you’ll find Peter at a local café or bar watching football and catching up with his broad network.
- Commercial law
- Government advisory
- Corporate governance
- Property and planning
- Sports law
- Bachelor of Laws – Australian National University
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Australian National University
- Registered IRE Auditor for contractors operating in the ACT – ACT Government, Procurement and Capital Works
- Approved Auditor under the Secure Local Jobs Code
- Director of Australian University Sport Limited
- Council Member and Deputy Chair of Canberra Institute of Technology
- Board Member of Canberra Cavalry Advisory Board
- Divisional Counsellor (ACT Division) Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Past Director and Chair – Australian Rugby Union and SANZAR
- Past Executive Committee – International Rugby Board
- ACT Law Society
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of the Australian Property Institute
Peter is a founding partner of Griffin Legal
T: (02) 6198 3100