Griffin Legal Collection Notice
This notice sets out how Griffin Legal Pty Limited (ACN 137 380 360) collects, uses, stores and discloses your Personal Information.
Griffin Legal collects, uses, stores and disclosures your Personal Information to enable the firm to perform its functions and provide services to its clients and otherwise conduct its business activities and functions.
- access, or seek to request, the Personal Information Griffin Legal holds about you, at clause 12;
- seek correction of your Personal Information held by Griffin Legal, at clause 13;
- complain about a breach of Griffin Legal’s privacy obligations and how Griffin Legal will handle such a complaint, at clause 14;
and includes information about the:
- consequences if all or some of the personal and sensitive information is not collected by Griffin Legal, at clause 2.6;
- entities, bodies or persons and types of entities, bodies or persons, from which Griffin Legal may collect Personal Information about you, at clause 3.2;
- entities, bodies or persons and types of entities, bodies or persons, to which Griffin Legal usually discloses Personal Information, at clause 7; and
- circumstances in which Griffin Legal is likely to disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients, at clause 7.6. As a general rule, Griffin Legal does not anticipate that your Personal Information will be disclosed to overseas entities.
Please note that in most cases, Griffin Legal will be unable to deal with you or provide you with any advice, if you request to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym.
Griffin Legal Privacy Officer
Mail: GPO Box 1789, Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 6198 3100
Griffin Legal retains ownership of all material posted or uploaded on our website including articles or blog posts. Griffin Legal does not consent to any material being copied, reproduced, communicated or linked to third-party internet sites without Griffin Legal’s prior written consent. All material posted or uploaded on Griffin Legal’s website is only intended for personal use or viewing. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) all other rights are reserved.
The material posted or uploaded on the Griffin Legal website is intended to be informational and is not to be taken to be legal advice or to be relied upon. Any person wanting to understand their rights or obligations or the legal implications relevant to a particular matter should obtain professional legal advice by contacting Griffin Legal. The material on the Griffin Legal website may not be suitable for a particular person or their circumstances. While Griffin Legal takes all steps to verify sources used, quoted or referred to, Griffin Legal does not represent or warrant that any material on the Griffin Legal website is accurate, complete, up-to-date or suitable.
Griffin Legal is not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage or loss caused by or arising out of any inability to use the website or any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the content posted on the Griffin Legal website or as a result of a reliance on any information on the website.